Monday, July 25, 2011

the weekend

Uncle Wey and Aunt Bee came to see us again! They came straight to the sing Friday night, and then came home with us.
Saturday we slept in and then Meg and I went to do chores for a friend of ours, then we came back home, got cleaned up and we all went to town.
We started the day off with Olive Garden and then Braum's (Uncle Wey "needed" ice-cream). Next we went to Bargain Thrift were I found this adorable chair! I LOVE IT! It is actually pretty heavy and soild! And I got it for $5! I put it in my room and hung my great-grandma's quilt over the back of it!

We then went to Goodwill were I found 3 old books to add to my shelf full of old books. Two of the books I got were just random books (I bought them because they are cute:) and the other one is a book about Charles A Lindbergh. After that, we went home and Meg and I went over to Jim and Linda's for dinner! YUMMY! She is like the greatest cook EVER! We had pot roast, mashed potatos and gravy and home-made rolls! Amazing!
I hope that everyone had as great a weekend as I did!
This week has already started off busy! Today I made a birthday gift for a very dear friend of mine in Newfoundland, and it turned out SO cute, but I don't want to post a picture of it until I get back because I don't want her to see it!
Tonight I am going to try to make the culottes that Sara helped me cut out last week... please pray for me in this endeavor because I am not a seamstress WHATSOEVER! I can make projects and crafts hand sewing, but I can't ever make clothes that turn out, so we shall see! :)
Also on the agenda for this week... tomorrow (after work), I am meeting Grandma in town and we are going camera shopping for her so that she will have a camera for our Newfoundland trip! And we are also going out to dinner, and then back to her house so I can help her with a couple things. Wednesday (after work) some of the girls are coming over for a swimming party!
So far that is all that I have planned this week... but you probably know by now that my life doesn't always go as planned :) And I usually have much more going on then what is "planned"! But that is okay becasue I like to stay busy :)
On that note... I must get off the computer and get busy... its already 6:15 and I am going to try to make my culottes tonight. Anna vs. The Sewing Machine... I'll post the score when its over :)
Anna Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment