Monday, February 7, 2011

My Monday~

Am I the only one that has a hard time spelling February? It really sounds like it should be "Febuary"... maybe I just don't say it correctly so I don't know how to spell it right! :)
Today was fairly uneventful... I did end up being at work like 15 minutes early and I am not real sure why. I think I must still be in the groove of leaving early because I had to last week because of the storm. Anyway, it was a pretty normal day at work. I made a couple stops on the way home and then when I got home, I talked to a friend on the phone for a few minutes and then I went down to the barn to work with Stormy (a horse that I have a major soft spot for because when he was young, I kind of saved its life). I got a saddle on him for the second time! It is such a rewarding feeling! And last time I only tightened the cinch tight enough that the saddle would stay on if he started bucking, but this time I tightened it down pretty good! And I also got a bridle on him. I really wanted to get on him, but I thought maybe I should wait until I am not down there by myself :) Last time I went off a horse it knocked the wind out of me! I did leave him tied up for a while saddled up, and I went to the tack room to get something and I noticed that one of our draft horses, Ricky (aka Big Brutus), was stuck in the barbed wire fence because he is such a galoot that he was trying to get to the hay on the other side of the fence. His ankles were stuck in a couple strands and there were a couple up against his belly. So I had to go cut him out of that, and those horses (Belle and Ricky) still intimadate me... maybe because they are huge? I am eyelevel with the top of their rump!
That about sums up my day. Now I am going to work on my quilt for a while.

Anna Kaye

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You really lead an exciting life, especially to a "city-type" girl like me. Horses are so beautiful, as long as they are on the other side of the fence to me. Post a couple of pictures of your coming quilt. I have only pieced one by hand, the rest by machine (short attention span)

    ReplyDelete