It was so wonderful to actually get to sleep in a little today! This last week was a little crazy with the bad weather that came through! Tuesday morning when I woke up (@4:45) there was 1" of ice and then like 4" of snow and it was blowing really hard, so Robert took me to work, even though he didn't have to work! At work, C and I sat there like a couple of crazy people for 5 1/2 hours and we had 2 customers! Finally they let us go home at noon, and Robert came back into town to get me... actually, him, Crystal, Katie, Mom and Meg came into town to go to Denny's for lunch and then they came and picked me up when I found out I could leave early :) I was able to drive myself to work the rest of the week, I just took Mom's car so that I didn't get stuck because my poor little Camry didn't stand a chance out there! It wasn't a hard week at work because it was so slow, it just crawled by! But I did get quite a bit done on my knitting project.
So, back to my original thought... it was nice to sleep in this morning and not have to leave twice as early to get to work!I have actually gotten quite a bit done today.... I have worked a lot on my quilt that I am doing all by hand, and I started working on the scrapbook that I am making for my little cousins in California of their family here. I also made dinner tonight. I really enjoy cooking, but I don't feel like I do a very good job of it. Its very hard for me to make it all be done at the same time, and also all be hot at the right time! Tonight I made Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and garlic bread. And it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself, but I wish I was a little more confident it doing it! I would really like to be able to do dinner more often but it is a little hard while working full time. I think I am going to start writing dinners down in my cookbook besides just writing down good recipes. I think I should write down like the entire dinner, including timing and everything.
BTW... have you ever seen a baby goat drink out of a Dr Pepper bottle? It is seriously funny! :)
Okay, I am done rambling for tonight :) I hope everyone has a great evening!
Anna Kaye
Anna dinner was so awesome. You did a great job!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for dinner.It was so good. You're on, for every Saturday night. xo mom
ReplyDelete