Well, nothing too exciting has happened, but I wanted to at least tell you all about my weekend. Meg has been asking me for a while now to take a horse ride with her and then camp out overnight... not my cup of tea, but I was like "Ok, I can do this!" So when I got home from work Friday night she had most of the stuff packed up and I just changed and then we headed out. We hadn't even gotten out of the yard when our pack horse decided to start causing problems... including biting Meg's horse! So we decided to take everything off of it and just haul it all on our horses since we weren't going that far. So we load up again and head out. We made it to where we were planning to camp and Meg unloaded the horses and tied them to the picket line that she had set up while I started the fire. And we sat there and ate dinner and talked and laughed...a lot... and then it got dark. And Meg was totally fine with it but I wasn't so much :) I started doubting that I could make it out there the whole night. I knew that I could probably make it but I wouldn't get any sleep because I would have to analyze every noise I heard. And then an owl screeched really loud and my heart seriously stopped! It was awful! And right then and there I decided that I in fact couldn't make it! So we set everything under the tree and rode back to the house... in the pitch black darkness. Once back at the house we let the horses loose and then went back with Dad's truck and got all our stuff. So, it was a good idea, but I am really not a camper. But we still made many memories :)
Saturday morning I took Sara's Bridal pictures... 5 years later :) I love taking pictures and I have really been wanting to try to take bridals and since she can still get in her wedding dress she was my most willing subject. We spent about 2 hours doing that and we had a ton of fun. That afternoon, Meg and I went to An Affair of the Heart which is a huge craft show at the State Fair Grounds. I was able to get a birthday present for 2 of my nieces! And we finished the day off at Red Lobster! It was a very fun day with my sisters!
Today, several of us went down to the Witchita Wildlife Refuge. We had a small meeting at the picnic area and then we ate lunch. Next, we went and hiked a while around the falls (that were pretty dried up) and then some climbed up Mt. Scott while some others of us sat at the top visiting.
It was a great weekend and I hope that everyone else had a good one also!
Saturday morning I took Sara's Bridal pictures... 5 years later :) I love taking pictures and I have really been wanting to try to take bridals and since she can still get in her wedding dress she was my most willing subject. We spent about 2 hours doing that and we had a ton of fun. That afternoon, Meg and I went to An Affair of the Heart which is a huge craft show at the State Fair Grounds. I was able to get a birthday present for 2 of my nieces! And we finished the day off at Red Lobster! It was a very fun day with my sisters!
Today, several of us went down to the Witchita Wildlife Refuge. We had a small meeting at the picnic area and then we ate lunch. Next, we went and hiked a while around the falls (that were pretty dried up) and then some climbed up Mt. Scott while some others of us sat at the top visiting.
It was a great weekend and I hope that everyone else had a good one also!
Anna Kaye
Oh Anna, I sometimes think I can do this or that and then I chicken out. It was probably the best, but it made me chuckle at the thought of the owl. Things always seem a little larger than life in the dark.
ReplyDeleteWish we could've gone, but we have driven way to many miles lately, so we decided to take a break!:-)
ReplyDelete