I love to write! And that is why I have an old suitcase in my room full of all my old journals (except for the one that I can't find! I can totally picture it but I can't find it anywhere. I think it must have gotten lost in the move since I had it back in the days when we lived it the trailer house... maybe it got carried off by a rat? haha... it really wasn't that bad :) and I still keep a journal almost daily. With a journal, it is my outlet. But I love to write anything; cards, letters, poems, and anything else that can be done with pen and paper (BTW, I am always open for ideas). So all that to say that I have been making an effort to use that talent (?) for others, but I often think "did I send them a card or did I just think about doing it?" so I decided to get organized. Towards the end of the month, I look at the birthday book and write down all the birthdays for the next month that I want to remember and send a card for. I then address and stamp the envelope and put a sticky note on it with the date that I need to write a note in the card and send it and then I stick it in my "recipe" box on my desk that I check daily.
I know that it may sound like a lot of work but I have really received a blessing from doing this (sending the cards; not being organized) and it is nice to know that I can spread a little bit of sunshine on someones day.
I have been wanting to do a post about this and just never got around to it but the other evening I got all my November and December cards "done" and decided that this was as good a time as any!
Watch out! You may be the next to get a card! :)
Anna Kaye
I know that it may sound like a lot of work but I have really received a blessing from doing this (sending the cards; not being organized) and it is nice to know that I can spread a little bit of sunshine on someones day.
I have been wanting to do a post about this and just never got around to it but the other evening I got all my November and December cards "done" and decided that this was as good a time as any!
Watch out! You may be the next to get a card! :)
Anna Kaye
Thats a neat idea Anna! Its great you are keeping busy too! I love to get mail, but since I have moved up here (the north pole) I haven't been as good about writing! Great encouragement! Thanks
ReplyDelete