Friday, January 27, 2012

Virginia Trip

Okay, I am going to attempt to tell you all about my time in Virgina... (sorry if I get a little long winded :)
01/07/12-Saturday- Up at 3:30am and one busted suitcase zipper later, Dad and I were out the door at 4:00 and headed to the airport. As you can see from earlier posts, I had a pretty uneventful trip out there, and I was actually able to sleep for awhile which really helped since I had a yucky cold and not much sleep the night before. I got out there a little before noon and it only took about 30 minutes for Amy and I to find each other in the airport... TIP-plan a meeting place ahead of time. ... that afternoon we ran some errands and then went home and just stayed at the house the rest of the day.
01/08/12-Sunday- It was great going to meeting and getting to see so many that I haven't seen for a while. We went home for lunch and then the kids took a nap... and I curled up on a chair to read a book and totally passed out for about an hour. Then Amy and I walked 2 miles. That evening we went back for the gathering.
01/09/12-Monday- We did school... cleaned up the house... etc. And walked another 2 miles, and I actually ran like a 10th of a mile :) yahoo!
01/10/12-Tuesday- Kathryn came and picked me up mid-morning and we went to Bodo's for lunch (LOVE that place!), and then we went to the downtown outdoor mall in Charlottesville. It was a fun day to just walk along and visit and of course, drink coffee :) Then I had Kathryn take some pictures of me by some of the old neat buildings. We then went to see Heather for a few minutes at the glass shop and then we went to Kathryn's house and edited the pictures and then we went to Sherry's house for dinner. She made Chicken Broccoli Casserole and it was AMAZING! It was so good, I can't wait to make it! After dinner we enjoyed a funny game of Phase 10!
01/11/12-Wednesday-Amy and I made soap! I love helping her make soap... and not just because she sends a bunch home with me :) This time we made a batch of Aloe Vera and a batch of Honey and Oatmeal (that turned out a really neat brown!). That evening Amy and I walked 2 miles in the rain! It was rather refreshing :)
01/12/12-Thursday-Amy took Matt to work that morning so that we could have the van and the plan was to go into town later in the day and Amy and I were going to donate blood and then meet up with Matt and go to dinner... but as you know, plans are made to change. While Amy was gone that morning, I watched the 3 older kids. So we all got up and dressed, hair combed, ate some breakfast, and we were almost done with school before Amy and Andrew got back. Then later in the morning, we took Andrew over to Lydia's to take a nap while we walked. We had been walking 2 miles but this time we decided that I could run more then I thought I could, so we walked the first mile and then we started running back. I then realized that when I run... I run, and that is why I can't go very far because I am all out running instead of pacing myself so that I can keep going longer. Over all I ended up running about 3/4 of the mile back... but we will not go into how many times I had to stop and catch my breath, but they were very short stops! When we got back to the house we got cleaned up and ate lunch, then Lydia brought Andrew back over and within an hour we were convinced that he had an ear-infection. So plans changed and we headed to the doctor to find out that he did in fact have an ear-infection. poor little guy looked so miserable. So we went to downtown C'ville and walked around a park for a little while and then we went and picked up Matt and we went to Chili's for dinner! Yummy!
01/13/12-Friday-Amy and I took our traditional trip to Yoder's. While we were there we saw Kathryn and were able to talk to her for a little while. That afternoon I made Scotcheroo's and No Bake cookies and that evening we had the Martin girls and Lydia over for snacks, games and lots of laughs!
01/14/12-Saturday-Matt and Amy went and picked up a freezer so the kids and I made cards and pictures for Grandma Stamper since Sunday was Grandpa's birthday. That afternoon Amy and I went to Laura's to practice a song for Sunday.
01/15/12-Sunday-I had the opportunity to make breakfast and help Amy get all the kids ready since she had a lot going on and John woke up and his "tooth ache" was all abscessed that morning. That Sunday was all day so I was able to see lots of people from other areas and that was so much fun! That morning at meeting, Amy and I sang "Is Anything Too hard For God?". It was so special getting to sing with her again! I have really really missed that since they have lived in Virginia. That afternoon I had a great (2 1/2 hour) conversation with someone that I don't normally spend time with and it was such a huge blessing and encouragement to me. That night after we got home, Matt, Amy and I stayed up for a while and talked. It was really nice.
01/16/12-Monday-Matt took John to the dentist and Amy took me to the airport. It was hard to leave, but I came away from thier house very encouraged and looking forward to seeing them when they come out in March!The trip home was a little more interesting then the trip out there! On the first flight (almost 3 hours long) I sat by the window in the very last row of seats in the back! And the girl sitting beside me, about my age, was a very "natural" person... as in no soap or anything else that could help your personal hygeine, and she never stopped moving. The second flight was about as interesting; the lady sitting beside me had her dog with her! I was very ready to be home by that point!
I am sure that I have left something out but I tried to at least hit the high points without getting long winded and boring. I will not be putting pictures on here but I will be putting them on Picasa so if you would like me to send you an inite to see them, email me at
akstamper87@gmail.com.


Anna Kaye

1 comment:

  1. It is funny that when you travel, you have no option as to who you get to share your personal space with. You get them, and they get you. You sound like you had such a refreshing time there. It is good to get away to realize what you have at home. Isn't it good to be home?

    ReplyDelete