Monday, January 30, 2012

What happened to my Saturday????

I had such a good, planned day all lined out so what do you think happened? CRAZINESS!! I should know better then to make plans! Our Saturday was very interesting! It started out normal enough... I was working on my list and then I had the bright idea that we should have a family over for dessert so Meg and I went out to the garden where Dad was disking with the horses to see what he thought about it, and while we were standing out there talking, Meg's puppy, Duke, got under the horses and one of them stepped on him and then got spooked and everything started happening. Dad grabbed the dog and I was afraid that the horses were going to go crazy and kick Dad too so I grabbed the horses and Meg went for the dog too. Long story short, the dog went to the vet and got some baby aspirin (I thought that was hilarious) and he seems totally fine, just a little sore. So I didn't get much done on my project list because I cleaned house all day for company. Later that afternoon, Robert and Dad were working horses again, and they were hooking them up to the drags and something spooked the horse that was pretty new at this stuff and she spooked the rest of them and Robert's two (harnessed together) went one way, and they were on either side of a barbwire fence and they mowed that down, and Dads two that were harnessed together went the other way, and then Dad got them stopped and got the drag unhooked and then they took off again, dragging Dad for a little ways, until he let go of the reins, and they went through, and took down, another section of fence and headed for the barn. On their way to the barn (at a very fast pace) they went on either side of the telephone pole and broke the harness and Belle (she is taller then Dad) flipped over on her back! everyone made it through the "rodeo" fine, but it was quite the day!
That night we had the Frogge's over for ice-cream and an intense game of Nert's! It was really fun getting to know their family better. It has been such a blessing having them here!
Anyway, here is my list again and what all I got done.
1)clean out top dresser drawer ~DONE
2)catch up in journal
3)put all of my pictures on an external hard drive ~got started
4)journal about prayer
5)write to at least 5 people
6)clean up closet~ DONE
7)clean off my desk~DONE
8)put pictures on Picasa~DONE
9)make sweet potato pie
10)go see Grandma for a little bit~DONE
11)Feb and March bdays on Calender~DONE
12)try to run 3/4 mile w/o stopping
I am going to try to do more of it tonight, but also getting to bed at a descent time has to become a priority too! I would like to try to start some kind of schedule for during the week to get my running in and also get stuff done and also spend sometime with others. if anyone has any great suggestions feel free to share!
I hope that everyone has a great week!
BTW... Did you know that I am going to be an aunt again! YAY!!!!! Stephen and Sara are going to have another little one sometime in September! I am so excited and I am sooo glad that I can tell everyone now... I have such a hard time keeping secrets like that!
Anna Kaye

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes when I plan a day, it goes all wonky. Your dad is too old to be dragged around like that, and you can tell him I said so... I would love to have some sweet potato pie...

    I have heard that if you do your exercise in increments, it is just as good for you, unless of course, you are planning on running a marathon. Maybe running to the barn or running in the house,(much to the dismay of the others in the house...) try jumping rope, that will get your heart going. Mix it up, walk on your break at work, at a fast pace, but too much you don't want to go back to work with sweaty clothes. Ah, to be young again.

    Yay for Sara and Stephen.

    I cleaned off the top of my dresser and made myself a promise that it could only have so much on it, so far so good, but I am not good at keeping promises like that.

    It was so much fun to see the albums, thank you for sending the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    I really enjoy your blog :) And now we know you a little better as you were up last summer. Would you mind sending us the link to the albums as well?

    Sonja Turpin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja, I wouldn't mind at all. Please email me at akstamper87@gmaiil.com so that I have your email address! Thanks.
    Hope everyone is doing well

    ReplyDelete