Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am not even going to title this post because I never know what to put as a title!
Here is what has been going on...
Last Friday I found a possible rental house on Craigslist and Meg and I were supposed to go to Missouri that night as soon as I got home and I had a terrible time figuring out whether I should go look at the house that night and then go to Missouri or just go to Missouri and trust that the house would still be available Monday. So I finally made a decision and called the lady with the house and told her I would come look at it Monday night... and yes, it was very hard not to worry about it all weekend. But we had a very fun, relaxing weekend with lots of good conversation. It was a very encouraging time.
Monday afternoon I called the lady with the house back and she said they couldn't show it to me until Wednesday... ahhhh talk about having to have patience!
Tuesday I started packing my room because I realized just how fast it was all going to happen once I found a place. Wednesday I tried all day to call the lady with the house and never got a hold of her, but I found an even better place available! And from someone I know so that would be even better! Wednesday night I got together with the guys that are renting the house and we talked about it and it sounds too good to be true (only because its them I know its not :-) This is the first time they are renting a place out so they said that they would write up and contract and I was to go look at it.
Thursday after work, Meg and I went and looked at the rental and it is perfect! It is a 940 sq ft duplex. About 10 minutes from Dad and Mom's house. It looks perfect for me. I do have to get a fridge, microwave, washer and dryer for it. I will post pictures of it later. I should be moving in the next couple weeks!
After Meg and I went and looked at the house we stopped by Chad and Becca's house and got boxes from them because they are unpacking into their new house, and then we went home and packed up more of my room.
Yesterday, I did a little more packing. And we found out that Sara is having a GIRL!!!! Thats good! That will make 3 neices to my 5 nephews :-)
Thats about all that is happening around here.
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Anna Kaye

4 comments:

  1. Anna, our first house... before we were married, we found a rental, an older two bedroom house that needed A LOT of cleanup and paint. We put a deposit on it and started in, taking Patrick, Dave's 10 year old brother with us when we worked on it. We cleaned, painted, found a few things at yard sales, begged things from our folks, etc.

    We were married and went away for our honeymoon. We got back on a Saturday and went into a 'boobytrapped' house {friends...} Well, we spent our first night in our little home and the landlord came early the next day and said they needed the house for their son and as soon as possible... we were floored! He did say that he knew of another rental about 3 blocks over in town and we went, saw, and rented and then moved...all in one day. And, to boot, we had no contract and he kept our cleaning deposit!

    We have learned a lot in the years since and the second house was much nicer and cheaper than the first one. The Lord surely provided then and since.

    We are looking forward to seeing pictures. Maybe some before and then you can share as you go along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I always have so much fun reading your comments on my posts :-) I love to hear stories about when you all started out! And thanks also for all the tips :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey Anna, I sometimes check in to your blog...just thought I'd say congratulations on your house! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how exciting. U need to post about all your color in ur house so I can send u a hose warming gift

    ReplyDelete