Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Someday House

Some of you have asked me about my comments on here about "my house"... I have always stashed ideas away for my "someday house" and I am finally getting to drag out all these ideas and get serious about them.

Yes, I am moving out. No, I do not have an exact date (or house) yet :-)

I am planning to move out sometime this summer but I haven't found a place. My plan is to rent a small house in the small town where I grew up but small houses to rent are hard to come by here.

So I have been saving money as well as getting things that I will need for my house.

I am very excited about this new chapter in my life and I have so many ideas and goals I want to implement.

Here are a few of the things that I have gotten for my house...
My silverware- its not a very good picture but it is silver and has little lined in the top and the bottom of the handles.

Dinner glasses
I didn't buy mugs that "match" my dishes because I would rather have just a few fun ones

Love this iron! We had one growing up and I loved it!

My Pyrex mixing bowls that I got for $6.66!!

Salt and Pepper shakers for $1!!

A wood cutting board... something I always said I would get when I had my own house

These yellow and red serving bowls are actually darker then they look here.

And this pitcher is a darker red too

I have wanted a "pray" sign for a while but couldn't find one I liked so I found these letters at Hobby Lobby (1/2 price) and just got the letters I needed. But I have packed them up to save for my "someday house"

And there you have it! I also have some other stuff but I didn't take pictures of all of it.

Like I said earlier, I am very excited about this new part of my life and I want to go into it with much prayer and counsel.

I am also starting a notebook of all the advice I receive about living on my own, in any subject, so if any of you would like to share some wisdom please feel free.
Anna Kaye


1 comment:

  1. "Guilty!" I guess I am just too nosey... What a wonderful plan, to go into it with prayer and seeking counsel is a really good idea. If you have time, visit yard sales. 'Everything you could possibly want in your life you will find sometime at a yard sale. Probably not when you need it, but you will find it sometime.'

    I could help you fill up your home, but then it would be my ideas, go for what is you, and if you have to make do, it will make it all the sweeter when you get what you really want.

    I know you will share, but don't wait to have it all finished before you share your home. Waiting to have it all perfect is not being content with what you have.

    I will love to hear progress reports little by little and pictures too.

    ReplyDelete