Well, I thought that yesterday afternoon I would be making little posts to keep you updated on my travels as I fly out to Virginia to visit my sister and her family... but as we know
plans are made to change.
I left work at noon yesterday and then went home and finished packing and then went to Ken and Jaye's house and Jaye and I headed off for the airport. We got there around 3:20 (my flight was at 5:00) and I went to get my ticket and the agent there told me that I didn't not have a ticket on file.
I will spare you all the details- but after 2 1/2 hours, a very long phone call to Orbitz, much frustration and a few disobedient tears that escaped, I found out that somehow my ticket had been "exchanged" but there was no replacement ticket and that I would have to call a 1-800 number between 8-5 today.
So, I called Robert and they came and got me (they were already in town) and we met the whole family at Outback.
After dinner, they took me back to Ken and Jaye's to get my car and I went home, got a shower and then unpacked my suitcase. I then went to bed and ate a whole little pint of Cherry Vanilla ice cream... and okay, I cried just a little bit :-\
Today, I came back to work and I spent a good part of the morning on the phone arguing with American Airlines. They told me that I was a "no show" last night... seriously.
I finally was able to find out that when they cancelled Grandma's ticket (because of her fall) they also cancelled mine. And on the 17th, they had issued Grandma and I both vouchers for our tickets, but had not bothered to tell me that they had cancelled my ticket. I was still getting texts from Orbitz that my flight was on-time.
So, I will have to reschedule my trip another time.
"Everything happens for a reason, live it, love it, learn from it!
Make your smile change world but don't let the world change your smile."
Wow, what a disappointment. When our Steve was to fly out to Texas for his wedding, he arrived at the airport and was told that he was a day late! His flight was a 'red eye' and it left the night before. That was before all the security and all and he was able to get a flight change, but what a scare.
ReplyDeleteBummer deal, Anna. Disappointments like that are hard to swallow but the Lord knows and maybe he has something better planned for you. You will get to go eventually, I'm sure. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteDoes that mean we'll get to see you at camp here in TX? I'm sorry for all the headache of figuring this out!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can make it out soon. Who knows, maybe you could bring Grandma along as well.
ReplyDelete