Thursday, August 2, 2012

Slumber Party

Last Saturday, I had a slumber party for the 16 and up girls at the meeting hall.  
We were all there by 8:00pm, and we started the evening playing "volleyball" inside. We stacked the chairs up in the center of the room and used a softer ball. It was very hilarious.
We then played a game where I had wrapped a box with wrapping paper and between each layer I had placed a note with instructions. So we played music and then whoever had the box when the music stopped, they had to unwrap a layer of paper and do whatever the note says. Some of the things included... Hannah had to drink 1/2 cup of lemon juice, Shelby had to sing the National Anthem, I had to play a song on the piano, Sarah had to sing "Old McDonald had a Farm", Wendy had to jump on one foot and sing a song, Alanna had to say the ABC's backwards, and Meg had to write a note to someone she does not know.
Then we dove into the snackage, then more volleyball, and then we played hide and seek in the dark. That was fun! Then... more volleyball! After that we just sat around and talked and sang.
It was a really fun evening and I am thankful for the opportunity to get to know the girls better.

Anna Kaye

2 comments:

  1. Aw.......Sounds like a really run time. Wish I could have joined you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I'm over 16 (plus a few years). How fun, I'm so thankful that you all get along so well. I remember slumber parties when I was younger. I always seem to get a stomach ache from the excitement, so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to invite me.

    ReplyDelete