So, Tuesday night Meg and I were swimming and we saw a bunch of storm clouds to the south of us. We talked about how funny the clouds looked, but didn't bother getting out. All of a sudden, something hit the top of our shed really hard and we both screamed! :) Dad had been mowing so we just thought that he had found a golf ball in the yard and threw it over there to scare us, and then we saw a couple more! It was HAIL! I have never seen hail this big! So we went running and screaming to the porch and it was crazy loud hitting the porch roof!
This is a picture of one of the hail stones after it had been lying on the ground for like 5 minutes! I have never seen them this big before! Our cars did get a few dents because we had no idea that it was coming so we didn't put them in Grandma's shop!
After it quit hailing, it started raining really hard... and the sun was shining the whole time! It was really cool looking! I'll try to post another picture I took of that.
Anna Kaye
Thursday, June 16, 2011
random hail storm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm going to try and post a comment...this hasn't been working for me for a while now.
ReplyDeleteHow did your soap turn out? I love making soap and have plans to make some more next week. It's so fun to use but it also fun to give away (maybe a giveaway on your blog?) as gifts or it makes great party favors.
Wow!! That was an incredibly large hailstone. I bet they did leave some dents in vehicles.
ReplyDeletelori... I haven't actually used the soap yet. I would love to make some to give away, but I don't have any of the stuff; we made it when Amy brought all her stuff out here. When I quit working 12 hour days and get back from NFLD I may try to get some of the stuff and try to make it.
ReplyDelete