Well, I haven't posted in a week or so but I don't feel like I have much to post about.
Last Wednesday night I went and sat with Grandma for a few hours while she slept and I was able to get caught up on my journal and I also wrote a couple notes.
Thursday afternoon a friend called and asked me to go to lunch... that was such a highlight in my week. Sometimes I feel forgotten during the week because I hear about all the different age groups that get together and swim during the week; the girls, the young marrieds, the young mothers and now the older ladies are getting together too and sometimes I struggle with feeling left out so it was a great encouragement when someone called and says "hey, I've been thinking about you... lets go to lunch". We had a really great time visiting for an hour.
Friday, nothing too major happened. That night I went to the sing and stayed until after 11:00! Thats a big deal for me :-)
Saturday, I slept in and that felt amazing! Later in the morning I went to a friends house for 3 hours to visit and then I went to dad and mom's house to help them paint the outside of their house. We were on the roof the whole time and let me tell you... when it is 100+ degrees, it is even hotter on a roof! So, to cure that problem, we went and jumped in the pool a couple times :-) After a while we went in and got cleaned up and then went in to town for dinner and then we went by to see Grandma for a while. I then stayed Saturday night at Dad and Mom's (that was really weird feeling :-) so that we could get up and get an early start on the painting.
Sunday, we got up and painted. Shocker! We got both dormers and the chimney done before it got too hot and then we stopped for lunch. After lunch we started prepping the lower part of the house. We power washed the whole thing and we caulked almost the whole thing. Then we stopped, and headed into town. Dad said that we were going to just go see Grandma for a while and then we would come back home for dinner, but after we went and spent some time with Grandma, Dad took us to Outback for steaks! Oh Yeah!!!!! It was sooooo yummy! And it was a very hilarious dinner... I am not really sure why, but everything was funny that night... maybe too many paint fumes :-)
Monday I had an eye appointment and found out that my eyes have not changed whatsoever in 3 years-yay! That evening I went by and sat and visited with Grandma and Aunt Twila for about an hour. It was a really great time and it was so great to see Grandma sitting up and talking and laughing. It was really encouraging.
Tuesday was pretty boring.
Wednesday I had a work meeting at 7:45 and I was a little late to that because I went to the wrong place :-)
Today has been pretty uneventful so far... This evening I am going to go sit with Grandma so that Aunt Twila can go to a birthday party and I am looking forward to spending the evening with her.
Anna Kaye
Sometimes it is hard to find the exact place you should be in life and it is changing all the time, so that is confusing. Just be conscious of where the Lord wants you (and you seem to be doing a great job there) other things will fall into place. You may have a "ministry" that you don't even know about yet. Just keep on doing a great job.
ReplyDeleteAmen to what Helen said. Also, watch out for those paint fumes. They can do crazy things to ya! :)
ReplyDeleteHey, boring can be good!!
ReplyDelete