Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Well, a lot has happened since I posted last Wednesday.


Thursday, some of my friends and family gave me a house warming party! It was sooooo much fun! I was a little nervous about it but for no reason. It was so much fun showing my house to everyone. :-P I got so many gifts including a crock-pot, handmade dish rags, soap, several kitchen gadgets, and much more... oh, and 4 Hobby Lobby gift cards! Oh yeah! It really made me feel special to have everyone come and be a part.


Friday, I didn't get home until after 7:00 so it was kind of crazy trying to eat dinner and then be back in time for the gathering. The building was being rented out so we all went to Greg and Shannon's for a great evening of volleyball and homemade ice cream.


Saturday morning, I met up with Meg, Robert, Crystal and the kids and we went to the driving range for a couple hours. It was great fun and great entertainment! :-P Then we went to Mary's flea market and I found 3 old suitcases to use for decor in my house. We then took pizza to dad and mom's and we spent the rest of the day there building a deck around their pool. It was a really long hot day but we got a lot done... including a nap on the couch to try to get rid of a powerful headache, but that nap came to a sudden stop when I got a toy chunked at the forehead from very close range...

Sunday was all day so we were at the building all day. It was really hot so I didn't really feel up to playing much ball, but I took my note cards and got all my birthday cards ready for the rest of July and August. I had some great conversations though...

Monday was back to the salt mines. Not much happened. After work I went over to dad and mom's to swim for a while (the first time this summer!!!). And then I went home and did all my laundry and washed my dishes. And it ended up being kind of late by the time my laundry was done and I left it piled on the couch overnight! Shocking, I know! And yes, it is driving me crazy!

Last night after work I met aunt Sheila for dinner at On The Border (so yummy!!!) and it was so great to chat and catch up with her. While we were there, mom texted me and told me that Grandma had fallen and they were at the hospital... and my heart sank. It was an instant feeling of dread so I headed to the hospital, where I found Grandma in the emergency room cracking jokes. She had fallen and broke her pelvis in 2 places but other than that she is doing good. We ended up being at the hospital until 10:30ish and then I headed home and I plan to go back up there this evening and sit with her for a few hours.

I should go for now. I have done a few more things to my house lately so I will try to show you all pictures soon.

Anna Kaye

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Anna, I know just how you are feeling... like you want to do something to make it better and you search around and there is nothing, just flat out nothing. When my mom broke hers, they had her in the hospital and the doctor decided (I could have wrung his scrawny neck!) that she could wait - for two days! before they went in and replaced the hip and set the fracture... In that time she was on morphine and saw "visions" of her dead brother, mother, etc. It was kinda creepy...But, she eventually was moved to a nursing care facility, but it seems like it was hard on everyone. Prayers are with you, your family and especially your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete