Saturday, May 14, 2011

advice?

do any of you ladies (or guys I guess) have any tips on how to keep calm under pressure and not get all stressed out over the little things? When you have dinner all planned out, and then you find out that you have 12 extra people coming over too... how do you calmly handle that? When you have the perfect dinner planned and the meat gets burnt... how do you handle that?
Its not so much those exact situations, but I think you get the idea... how do you calmly turn it all around and make eveything work out without ruining your evening... and your attitude?
I would love some input on these thoughts :)

Anna Kaye

2 comments:

  1. Anna, You have asked a very thought provoking question. I have been in those situations and I am still learning. I have asked the Lord to help me have a good attitude because I need it. I sometimes think that my way is the "best" and I am not thinking about what the Lord wants. To bring Him glory is the final end and the most important thing. Sometimes, when I am going into something, I think - OK, what is the worst thing that can happen here? then I try to plan what I would do. It is not worrying, but trying to adjust my attitude ahead of time, if you see what I mean.

    It is a lesson that we all need and I still need it all the time. Just today, I found myself asking the Lord to help me adjust my attitude, and he did.
    This doesn't exactly answer how to turn burnt meat into a delicious dinner, but it does help as to what you would tell you dinner guests - "Sorry, unexpected tragedy has happened. You will have to eat more salad or vegetables". We all have so much to be thankful for, let us be thankful (and they can stop at Taco Bell on the way home if they are still hungry !)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, let me know when you find out:}

    ReplyDelete