Tuesday, May 31, 2011

a good read

I love to read! Growing up I spent quite a bit of time reading, but it wasn't ever anything very beneficial and then once I got a full time job I haven't had very much time to read, but I really miss it, so I have started a new habit... I am giving myself 15-20 minutes every evening,before I go to bed, to read. But I am changing my book selection too. What I read as a young person wasn't really bad, but it wasn't realistic or educational, so I have started reading older books and/or true stories, and I thought I would start sharing on here some of the books I have read, or am reading, and also see if any of you have any good suggestions. Something else I want to do is every time I read a good, worthwhile book, buy a copy of it off Amazon or something and put it on my book shelf and take one of my other books off.
Earlier this month, I read "Mrs. Mike" by Benedict and Nancy Mars. It was based on a true story and I really enjoyed it! I can not imagine what it was like to get married so young and move to such a rugged place. I already had a copy of the book that I had gotten from Grandma Stamper several years ago so I didn't have to buy one :)
I just finished a book called "Let's Roll!" by Lisa Beamer, and it was also a really great book! It was about Todd Beamer, one of the guys that kept the plane from hitting the Capitol on 9-11 and instead crashed in Pennsylvania. It was a very touching story to see how his wife, Lisa, carried on; taking care or her two little boys and then the daughter that she was pregnant with when the accident happened. I ordered this book from Amazon this morning because it is for sure a book I would read again!
If any of you have any good suggestions, I would love to try them!
Anna Kaye

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed both those books also. If I think of anymore I will let you know. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete