We had a wonderful weekend in Texas with some very dear friends of ours! Friday afternoon, Meg, Sarah M and I headed to Texas. It was a pretty uneventful trip down there only stopping for Chicken Express and Starbucks and a quick stop at Kroger to buy flowers for Aunt Belva for her birthday. We got to the sing around 9:00ish and had a wonderful time visiting there with everyone, including some from Virginia! That was a pretty late night as we didn't get to bed until 12:30, but it was very well worth it. It was so much fun to see Aunt Belva's surprise when we brought the flowers in her house that night and gave them to her.
Saturday morning we were up at 6:30 because Meg had forgotten to change the time on her phone so we dozed off and on for another hour :) Then we left the house around 8:30 for a day out with the girls... and Joe :) We met up with Joe and Sandra and we drove out to Dublin, Texas to the Dr Pepper bottling company. That was a really neat tour and they gave us a ice cold bottle of Dublin DP. They showed us how they still use the really old machines, how they are all checked by hand, how Dr Pepper got its name, and many many more facts. It was very interesting and a very worthwhile tour if any of you are needing field trip ideas.
Saturday morning we were up at 6:30 because Meg had forgotten to change the time on her phone so we dozed off and on for another hour :) Then we left the house around 8:30 for a day out with the girls... and Joe :) We met up with Joe and Sandra and we drove out to Dublin, Texas to the Dr Pepper bottling company. That was a really neat tour and they gave us a ice cold bottle of Dublin DP. They showed us how they still use the really old machines, how they are all checked by hand, how Dr Pepper got its name, and many many more facts. It was very interesting and a very worthwhile tour if any of you are needing field trip ideas.
Sunday after meeting we grabbed a hamburger at Dairy Queen with Jay and Belva and then we were on the road, and we were so excited that we were able to get on the road early enough to make it back home for dinner, and then our plans got changed by the person following the car behind us. Yes, we were in a wreck... on I-35 in the left lane and there was no where to go because there was a concrete barrier on the side so we couldn't even get off the road. we had been following a convertible with 3 people in it. 2 girls were in the front goofing off and there was a guy in the backseat and I don't think he had a seat belt on because he was turned around sideways, and we had been talking about how unsafe convertible are and then traffic started slowing down because of the construction zone, but I saw them all slowing down and then all of a sudden the convertible just slammed on her brakes so i slammed on my brakes and squealed my tires pretty good but I did get stopped in time and I did not touch the car in front of me, and I was like "wow, I could have smashed that guy" and Meg said "I know" and she had barely gotten that out and WHAAAAMMMM! We were hit from behind! It was really scary! The car in front of us had moved forward in the split second before I was hit so I never hit anything and that saved the front of my car. I couldn't decide what to do first... I was pretty shaken up and it brought a lot of bad memories back from my other wreck, so I just sat there for a minute and re-grouped and tried to figure out who to call...Dad?...Jeff?... Police?... I had no idea what to do first. I got out and looked at my car and realized that it wasn't that bad and that the girls were okay and everyone else seemed okay for the time being. I also looked to see exactly what had hit us... when I stopped, the Saturn Vue behind me had managed to stop in time but the young guy in the 1-ton flatbed truck with a very large grilled had not been paying attention and had run into the Saturn which in turn had run into me. The truck had some damage to the front of it and I had some damage to my bumper, but the poor Saturn in the middle got smashed big time. It was totally smashed in the back, like all the way up to the wheels! It looked awful! Plus she had car parts all over the road behind us! As many of you know, I don't handle too much pressure very well, and I was feeling a lot of pressure and stress and responsibility for the girls and especially knowing that I was in the middle of no-where! So I called Dad and he told me just make sure that someone had called the police and not to leave until they told me I could. So we sat there... took pictures (Me)... texted (Meg)... giggled (Meg)... wrote in a notebook (Sarah)... and tried to calm down and think properly (Me) and then I got out and the girl in the Saturn and I exchanged information just so we would already have that done, and then her parents and 4 sisters showed up and were being very dramatic so I just sat in my car until the police got there. Once they were there I just had to give them my information and Meg and Sarah's and then we were pretty much good to go. So, and hour and a half later we were "on the road again...". we then stopped at the next exit to use the bathroom, take a couple more pictures of the bumper in case insurance needed them and of course... we had to get Starbucks after that! we made it back around 8:00 and we were very excited to be back and parked! I am very thankful it wasn't any worse then it was and that we made it home "safe" :) Today we are just a little sore and achy but it could have been so much worse. We did have a wonderful weekend while we were there though. :)
P.S. I will try to post some pictures later
Anna Kaye
Did you guys like the DP factory?? A bunch of us just went there like a month ago and their DP is SOOOO good! Sorry you guys were in an accident, but glad you're all ok!
ReplyDeleteAnna, I am so thankful that you all are o.k. Being rear-ended is not fun and you may be sore for a bit. I am glad that you were able to be there for Aunt B's B-day. Take Care! Terry
ReplyDeleteP.S. I miss you lots. Caleb and Amy were just here and she was telling of the good times you had while you were in NFLD. Also since yesterday was Downtown and it is November, I was wishing you were there. Has it been a year already? T.
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad you all are o'kay after your accident. Going through something like that does shake you up. Sounds like a fun weekend, though!
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like an adventuresome trip! Glad the Lord protected you and your car from too much damage!
ReplyDeleteThe DP factory sounds really neat! You should share the trivia facts they told you... then you'd save me the time of looking them up to satisfy my curiosity! :D
It was great to visit with you a couple weeks ago! We want to make it out there again soon, if things ever slow down for a minute! :D