Monday, May 7, 2012

A busy weekend!

Wow! That was a busy weekend!
Saturday, Dad and I got up early and we went and picked up my $100 dryer and my couch. Okay, about the couch... It was a great deal even though it isn't the most adorable couch on the planet. I like it though 8-)
It is kind of gold, brown and cream plaid and its that wool feel. But it was cheap... and it will go with my brown carpet!
We then went to Lowes and got the fridge situation taken care of and my fridge will now be ready to be picked up Friday or Saturday. It was fun spending the morning with Dad... visiting and going to get doughnuts and chocolate milk 8-)
Dad then took me back home and he left to go start working on the sound for the wedding; Meg was with Shannon working on flowers and Mom was at the meeting hall working on the dinner for that night so I was home alone all afternoon so I went to work! I washed all of the bedding that was still dirty from camping last weekend, and while that was washing, I boxed up all my stuff in the bathroom closet and the also the cabinets and then I cleaned them out real good. I also emptied my dresser and moved it out so that I could stack all the boxes together and all the furniture would be together. OCD, I know.
That afternoon was the wedding. And I got to try my hand at being the reception coordinator... and it went very well for being outside and 90 something degrees with lots of humidity.  
Sunday I woke up not feeling well at all but went to meeting anyway because I wanted to spend more time with everyone that was in town for the wedding. Bad choice... I went home as soon as meeting was done with a fever and slept from 2:00 until 9:15 when I woke up, ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, took more meds and went back to sleep until my alarm clock went this morning.
Update on the house- This evening after work I am going over there to help paint! YAY! And then after paint there are only a few minor things to do before I can move in this weekend!
-replace the fan in the living room
-put a seal on the toilet in my bathroom
-put a mailbox up

I think that is it!
As far as I know, I have everything I need to move in. The washer and fridge will be ready to pick up this weekend and the dryer, couch and dining room table are in Grandma's shop. Now I just have a list a mile long of places to change my address.
I hope that this week goes by fast 8-)
Oh yeah, I also got my first "house warming" gift Friday night! It was so special and I really appreciate it!
Until later-
Anna Kaye

1 comment:

  1. Anna,
    What else do you need in your house? I'm getting you something but, I want to make sure it will be something you need.

    ReplyDelete