Monday, May 14, 2012

I have moved!

Well, it has finally happened!
I have moved into my house!!!!
And it is amazing!
Saturday morning Dad, Meg and I went to Lowes to pick up my fridge and washer and then shortly after we got home, Jim and Linda and Stephen, Sara and Anthony came over and we started hauling stuff.
We loaded up the Jim's trailer with furniture and we headed over to the house to drop off the furniture and the appliances and not 5 minutes after we got there the Alumni parade went right in front of my house. It was hilarious because I really think that there were only like 7 floats in the whole parade. Anthony was out by the road watching so they threw a ton of candy to him and someone hollered "Welcome to Wellston"! 8-) It made me laugh!
Anyway, we got everything hauled over to the house and Stephen got my appliances hooked up and then everyone but Meg and I left.
About that time, Grandma showed up and dusted all my furniture! That was such a huge help because it was all really dusty after being hauled on the trailer.
Sunday morning I got up bright and early because I am a little farther away from the building and I am so determined that I am not going to be late to meeting because there is no reason to be... so we headed out the door to a car with a very flat tire. I just could not believe my eyes!
Long story short... we were 35 minutes late to meeting... grrr!!
Yesterday I was able to make some sense of all the piles of boxes in my house and that helped me feel a little bit. Organized chaos is so much better then just chaos, right?
And then last night I stayed up way too late but I got a lot done. The kitchen is pretty much all unpacked and put a way. I just need to wash some of the dishes that were packed up for a while.
I got all my hanging clothes hung up in the closet and I now I just have a pile of boxes of that I need to try on the clothes and get rid of most of them. My bed is all set up and made. I do still need to put everything back into my dresser.
The office... well, thats another story altogether. It is very full of boxes! A lot of the boxes are books that I will be putting on my book shelf and I am also going to be getting Sara's bookshelf until they build. And I have my desk in there. There are also several boxes that I need to go through because a lot of it will be garage sale stuff. And yes, I now have a great place to have a garage sale! 8-)
The dining room is empty and I have my table set up. The chairs are not set up yet because they got the better of me and they won.. I will have to get a stronger took from Dad.
The living room has all the furniture in it and I am ready to start hanging stuff on the walls!
And that is my home 8-)
I am really excited to have company during Memorial day weekend!
Anna Kaye

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Anna! You'll have to send me your new address so when I some day take the time to write you back it can actually get to you. Thanks for the notes. They are special even though I haven't always answered them. :-)

    Have fun setting up your house. I'm waiting to see pictures of your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done so much, put the unimportant things in a closet and tackle them as you have time. That way, you will have a clear path to get the most important things done. Can't wait to see actual pictures. Wish I was there to give you a house warming gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you Anna! I can't wait to see pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete