Here is the front of the "house" (duplex).
It is 940 sq ft, 2 bedroom and 1 1/2 bathroom.
And I think that I am going to rent the left side of it... the right side really felt backwards to me when I went in it.
When you walk in the front door, the living room is to your right. As far as decor, I really have no idea what I am going to do in here because I have no living room furniture... besides my lawn chair :-) But that is something that I can pick up here and there at garage sales this summer.
To the left is the kitchen. And I am seriously in love with this cozy little kitchen! And I love the tile!
Colors for the kitchen... dishes are white square; towels, dishrags and such are brown; and I have a couple dark red and dark yellow mixing bowls. I am wanting to put a dark yellow print curtain on the window. There is a dishwasher (which I probably won't use) and a stove already in the kitchen, and I have got a microwave and I am fixing to buy a fridge...
... that will go in here. This is the laundry room that is right off the kitchen (to the left of the picture above). My fridge will go in here and also the water heater is in that closet. There is also the perfect place to leave the ironing board set up!
And this is the other side of the laundry room where the washer and dryer (that I still have to get) will go. And look at the nice cabinets in there! Yay!
Beside the kitchen there is a little dining room. I love the opening in the wall between the kitchen and the dining room (left side of picture). I want to put framed pictures and the big chunky candle sticks from Hobby Lobby on there. And I do have a cute wood dining room table!
This is looking down the hall... living room on the right, kitchen and dining room on the left.
Hall bathroom on left just past the dining room.
I have a pretty blue shower curtain, tan and brown towels and red accents for in this bathroom.
At the end of the hall on the left is the "office/bedroom 2" with a really nice closet. I want to keep this room pretty open so that I can work out in here and also set up an air mattress when I get to have company. I don't really have a color theme for in here.
And then my room is across the hall in the back, right corner of the house and there is a huge walk-in closet and a half bath in there too. I will be using my same quilt so I will pretty much be sticking to the same colors that I have in my room now... dark red, brown, cream, black... pretty much the same color through my whole house :-) I am not too adventurous when it comes to decorating. Sara will probably have to come save my house!
Like I said... huge walk in closet!!!
I love it!
Well, that's pretty much it. I am so excited to start this adventure. I really do believe that it will be very good for me.
My prayer is that I will always seek the Lords will in my life and my decisions and also others that I respect. I want to be open to those that love me and always remember that they have my best interest in mind.
I am very excited to have company in my new home! I want my home to be welcoming to all.
My prayer is that I will always seek the Lords will in my life and my decisions and also others that I respect. I want to be open to those that love me and always remember that they have my best interest in mind.
I am very excited to have company in my new home! I want my home to be welcoming to all.
Thursday night some of us are going to go over there and start cleaning and painting! Have I mentioned that I am really excited about this! :-)
Also, if any of you all have any really great recipes that are good for small portions or something that would be really easy and fast to make after a long day at work, please feel free to share. Or any advice on cleaning, cooking, budgeting, ect... I am open to all suggestions! :)
Also, if any of you all have any really great recipes that are good for small portions or something that would be really easy and fast to make after a long day at work, please feel free to share. Or any advice on cleaning, cooking, budgeting, ect... I am open to all suggestions! :)
Okay, I really need to hit the sack.
Anna Kaye
How exciting, thank you for sharing. It looks really clean from the pictures. No drastic measures needed. Get a crock pot, yard sale, thrift store... you can do so much with it and you will have leftovers for another night. Just a thought, anyway. Love it and I know you will be a testimony in your new adventure.
ReplyDeleteThat is exciting!! It is so fun setting up house! We had camo lawn chairs for our living room furniture for the first 6 months!!! It makes for good memories!
ReplyDelete